Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Skirts, Skirts and More Skirts


What better way to stay cool in these hot Summer months than with a skirt. Living in Memphis, I am not sure anybody experiences the level of humidty that we have to endure until at least the end of September...well, maybe Texas. Therefore, during these months, we tend to put on clothing that is easy to wear and allows for our skin to breathe. I love skirts and I am always on the hunt for one that is casual and easy to just throw on for those days when I know at least my clothes will look cute while my make-up is running down my face and my hair has succumed to the heat in the form of frizz.

The first skirt is the oh so in style "maxi" skirt. I love maxi skirts and even though you might think that they are too hot this weather, you can find one made of cotton that will keep you cool and you can even wear it into Fall to really get your money's worth. I have been pining over this one from http://www.lulus.com/. This skirt is on sale (whoo hoo) for $32.00 and would look adorable with a belt and some strappy sandals.

The second skirt is from Old Navy and it was only $29.94. It reminded me of an Ella Moss dress that I used to own and I really liked the colors that it came in. I own the orange and white wide striped one that I think is actually sold out online, but you might be able to find it at one of the Old Navy stores in town (I frequent all three!!!)

The third skirt is another Old Navy (can you tell that I am obsessed with this store? :) skirt that I have certainly gotten my money's worth from. I have this skirt in white and love to wear it with a white tank and turqouise jewelry. This one is now on sale at Old Navy for only $25.99 and it looks like it is really hard to find online, but again, I have had lots of luck in the stores.

Happy Shopping!

1 comment:

  1. love the blog colleen. can't wait for the next post. can't wait for some fall fashion tips

    ReplyDelete